Merge Gupta-Sunderji turns managers into leaders. A professional speaker, author, radio commentator, and consultant since 1988, Merge gives people specific and practical tools to help them achieve leadership and communication success. Tens of thousands of audience members from around the world have participated in her engaging keynotes and facilitated workshops and obtained and practiced the tools to achieve leadership success.
Merge's client base is broad and varied including numerous professional associations, and mid- to large-sized corporations in the financial, energy and natural resources, and government sectors. Just some of her over 220 satisfied (and in most cases, repeat) clients include Capital One Financial Corporation (worldwide), Shell Oil, Mercer Human Resource Consulting, Certified General Accountants' Association of Canada, QVC Inc., Honeywell, Promotional Product Professionals of Canada, the International Association of Business Communicators, and Meeting Professionals International (MPI). With Meeting Planners International, Merge is one of only 43 people in North America to be recognized as a Platinum Series speaker.
Merge's insights come from first-hand experience. As a leader at one of Canada's premier oil and gas companies for over fourteen years, and a Board leader at a Credit Union for three years, she offers a unique blend of realism and humor that consistently engages and entertains her audiences! For almost two years, she was the well-known voice behind the national CBC radio column The Softer Side of Business heard coast to coast across Canada on CBC Radio One. She's an award-winning published author, writing for many well-known organizations and publications, including the very popular Merge's Monthly Mega Minute. The second edition of her book titled Why Does the Lobster Cast Off Its Shell? was published in July 2009. She writes a regular column called Further Than Figures in CGA Magazine, a professional accounting publication with a circulation of over 60,000. She has released an entire Leadership Series of educational audio CDs that cover specific and day-to-day leadership challenges faced by managers and supervisors. She is presently working on her latest book, Power Tools for Leaders: Practical Strategies and Tactics to Build People, a hands-on practical how-to guide for managers and supervisors.
Merge customizes every single keynote or seminar to fit the unique needs and challenges of specific audiences. Her most popular keynotes are:
- Why Does the Lobster Cast Off Its Shell? (Main themes: leadership, growth, change, transition, seizing opportunity, continuous learning)
- Turning Managers Into Leaders - Six Essential Elements of the Leadership Journey (Main themes: leadership, people development, growth, positive attitude, continuous learning)
- Millennials Exposed! Insights into the Psyche of a New Generation of Workers (Main themes: leadership, Generation Y, managing young people, human resources of the future)
- Turtle Training for the Hare: Why Slow 'n' Steady Trumps Fast 'n' Furious (Main themes: leadership, strength, sustainability, productivity, passion)
- High Heels That Click: Why Female Leadership Has Its Advantages (Main themes: women in leadership, "girl power", workplace differences between women and men)
The Extra Mile:
Merge knows that the successful leader's toolkit contains many tools, and mastering the use of these tools sometimes requires more in-depth study and practice. That's why she often offers extra workshops and breakout sessions which focus on specific areas of challenge for managers. These can be a very cost-effective way to get the greatest value from your conference speaker budget. Please ask us for more details.